Website SEO (Part3)Monday, 23 Aug 2021
WHAT SEO ELEMENTS ARE IMPORTANT ON MY WEBSITE?
- An Effective SEO Strategy Will Need to Include Video Online video seems to be the way forward. Videos keep people on your website longer and engage them with your content. Videos keep your audience interested, no matter your product or service. How can you optimize that video content, though? Make sure to optimize your video channel name and description.
- Image Optimization Will Play a Larger Role in Searches
Google has long insisted on the proper marking and optimization of images, so it makes sense that this is part of their long-term plan.
1.Resize your images - Pick the right file format, Choose the right compression rate, Test optimization for speed.
2. Optimize image file names - name the file with relevant, descriptive keywords to get the most SEO power, Include target keywords at the beginning and separate them with hyphens. Don’t use underscores because search engines don’t recognize them and won’t be able to “see” the words individually. For example, the original name for an image of a woman in a hair salon is “salon234.jpg.” Rename it with a clear and more descriptive title such as “woman-having-a-haircut-in-a-salon.jpg.”
3. Use alt tags - Without alternative text, it’s impossible for search engines to accurately index your image content.
5. Include captions - Image captions may not have a direct impact on SEO, but, unlike file names and alt text, captions are visible on a website page. For this reason, they can add to the user experience.
6. Use unique images - Using stock photos is fine, but they won’t necessarily help your search rankings, as other websites often use the same images. In the same way that unique written content is better for SEO, it’s a good idea to upload unique images whenever possible.
7. Ensure that your text complements the images - The copy on the page can help search engines determine the relevancy of your images. If it doesn’t include enough information to explain an image, add more relevant text, and describe the image if possible.
8. Add image structured data - Adding structured data to your pages helps search engines display your images as rich results.
9. Use site maps - Site maps are an important part of SEO because they tell search engines about all the pages of your site.
Click HERE for more information.